Alexander+Roberts Debuts Journeys Without a Crowd On-Tour Protocols for More Personal Space + Extra Care
June 17, 2020 – Keene, NH –
Pioneering travel company Alexander+Roberts has released newly enhanced hygiene protocols for all of their 2020-2022 worldwide journeys. Long known for its Small Group Journeys of never more than 16 guests and luxury Private Tours, the company has published these Journeys Without a crowd protocol on its website.
Emphasizing More Personal Space + Extra Care at every step of the on-tour experience, from arrival transfers and sightseeing to dining and accommodations, A+R developed these protocols in careful coordination with their overseas offices and based upon guidelines from the U.S Center for Disease Control, World Health Organization, United States Tour Operators Association and World Travel & Tourism Council. Encompassing a detailed 19-point list, these extensive protocols include the following:
- Larger luxury motorcoaches so each A+R guest will have two seats to themselves while sightseeing.
- All high-touch motorcoach and private car surfaces will be sanitized each morning and regularly throughout the day.
- All Alexander+Roberts guides and drivers will maintain appropriate physical distancing, and will wear face masks whenever in proximity to guests.
- Prearranged entry for all sightseeing to avoid standing in line with other travelers.
- Whisper Headsets for groups of 5 or more, except for certain nature activities in remote areas like the Amazon
- No group seating: A+R guests will dine at smaller, well-spaced tables in spacious venues – with the choice for al fresco dining whenever available.
- Restaurants have been carefully selected to avoid crowded high-capacity places, with the emphasis on fine farm-to-table dining.
- All hotels, including respected luxury brands like Four Seasons, Park Hyatt and Belmond have been selected for their industry-leading standards and protocols that ensure the well being of their guests.
The complete list of A+R’s protocols can be viewed and printed from an Online PDF. It is a Living Document that will be regularly updated to follow any new or revised guidelines from these global health and tourism authorities.
And Always… Traveling Without a Crowd
In a Small Group of Never More than 16 Guests or on a Privately Guided Tour, the company’s in-the-know guides have the flexibility to adjust the day’s sightseeing based upon local conditions – to steer clear of heavy traffic and crowding, for example. Guests can dine in smaller authentic restaurants, avoid any time waiting in lines, and leave a lighter footprint. Wherever they go, A+R travelers learn the history and stories behind the world’s most iconic landmarks, immerse more deeply in the wonders of the natural world, and delight in genuine cultural engagement not possible in a larger group. It’s travel without a crowd.